I started to use Goodreads to track what I am reading (but I prefer to tell you about here).Here is the list:
- Die letzten Tage Europas: Wie wir eine gute Idee versenken (Satire, Politics) - it would be really funny if it were not true...
- Anna, die Schule und der liebe Gott Der Verrat des Bildungssystems an unseren Kindern (Education, Politics) - great, and for a change realistic ideas on how to reform the education system.
Rama Revealed (Rama, #4) (SciFi) - I liked the conclusion of the Rama series.
- Digitale Demenz - Wie wir uns und unsere Kinder um den Verstand bringen (Technology, Politics). This book shows the impact of technology on the brain. I am no Luddite, but this clearly shows that media consumption affects the brain, not quite unlike drugs. Consequently. Consume responsibly.
- xkcd: volume 0 (Comic) - I love the web comic, so I bought the book to support it. On my 2015 reading list: What If
- Your Business Brickyard: Getting Back To The Basics To Make Your Business More Fun To Run (Entrepreneurship, Business) - a book for entrepreneurs: it's your company, so have some fun with it.
- Doomsday Book
(Oxford Time Travel, #1) (SciFi) - A nice twist to time travel, but even more a commentary on humanity.
- The Rolling Stones (SciFi) - Not the best of Heinleins book, but great for kids.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray (Classic, Novel) - of course, everybody knows this classic - but have you actually read it?
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers (Business) - there are many books what to do if business is well, this is about the hard times. Interesting read, but limited applicability, as it consists mostly of anecdotes.
- Distress (SciFi) - hard science fiction, set roughly 50 years in the future. This is almost a 5-star.
- Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation and Practice (Spritual) - another classic, but probably only half useful without the teacher.
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption (Biography) - Story of a olympics runner who became a prisoner of war, surviving in a Japanese camp.
- The Dark Light Years (SciFi) - very depressing tale of a first encounter
(The Secret World Chronicles #1) (SciFi) - I just could not get into it, and it was a looooong book. Sorry, no time for this.